Apr

New Rurouni Kenshin Anime upcoming!

Who would knew this day would come! I have been a long time fan of Rurouni Kenshin, hell, I bought the manga back when I was a kid a book per week, also recently finished watching the whole anime series last year. Season 1 and 2 stayed true to the manga up till volume 16 before it diverges into side stories and 2 arcs of its own in season 3 which were….pretty crappy (lol feng shui fighters). Perhaps this anime series will reboot the entire franchise or continue straight from volume 17 of the manga. Personally, I hope for it to continue straight from the manga since season 1 and 2 were already pretty well done.

News quote from ANN as below:

The June issue of Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that production on a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of Jump Square.

The magazine also noted that the Blu-ray Disc versions of the two Rurouni Kenshin original video anime (OVA) projects and the Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Shishi no Chinkonka [Requiem] film will ship between August 24 and October 26. A compilation CD will ship on July 27. Rurouni Kenshin, Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Saisen, a new game for the Sony PSP system, already shipped last month.

Nobuhiro Watsuki’s original 1994-1999 samurai manga in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump inspired a television anime series that is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. Viz Media published the manga in North America, and Media Blasters’ AnimeWorks label released the television anime. ADV Films released the two OVA projects and the film under the licenser’s prescribed title Samurai X.

Since he ended the Rurouni Kenshin manga, Watsuki drew Gun Blaze West and Buso Renkin. His current title, Embalming – The Another Tale of Frankenstein, has been running in Jump Square since the magazine’s inaugural issue in 2007.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-18/new-rurouni-kenshin-anime-green-lit

13 Responses to “New Rurouni Kenshin Anime upcoming!”

1. 20 April 2011 at 10:20 pm

My prayers have been finally heard!!…

2. 2 Catherine Meyers
    20 April 2011 at 10:35 pm

Hi Bokutachi no Blog team,

On Topic: like the poster above me, finally! (here’s hoping they give Kenshin a proper ending this time)

Off Topic (sort of): My name is Catherine Meyers, I’m the admin of a web blog directory, while reading your blog and it’s reviews and articles about anime and manga, I was wondering if you might be interested in a link exchange (no money involved), I would add your blog in my directory so my visitors will also visit your site and in exchange you add my website to your blogroll or links. Please let me know if you are interested and the best of luck with “Bokutachi no Blog”.

Cheers!

Cathy

3. 20 April 2011 at 10:42 pm

BTW… good to see you’re writing again, Loba!

4. 20 April 2011 at 10:49 pm

Ah come on, it’s just a short random post, good stuff not out yet! Needs time to ferment, I’m having examinations now, just finished a paper today =) I woke up 45 minutes before the paper and rushed in 5 minutes late lol

5. 20 April 2011 at 11:18 pm

I KNOW. I’m really hoping this is going to be a total reboot ala FMA: Brotherhood, but I’d be happy if just the Revenge Arc got animated. RK is my favorite manga (one of the few I like actually)–I’m so psyched. 8D

6. 11 Christine
    14 May 2011 at 4:24 am

I hope they remake the whole series like FMA but if they don’t it BETTER be the Jinchuu arc (AKA Revenge Arc). I want to see that arc animated dang it!

7. 19 May 2011 at 9:39 am

I seriously hope that the Jinchu Arc comes to life in anime form! The anime deserves a proper ending.

I wrote about the drama between Kenshin & Enishi at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/5606418153/jinchu-arc-rk

A complete reboot would work too!